It's Time for More Things I Have Learned

>> Friday, May 7, 2010

My wisdom is accumulating daily, even if my spelling is getting worse.  Thank heavens I finally found the spellcheck button. (Whew!)  With all of this new wisdom, though, I would be a bad, bad person if I didn't share the knowledge.  (I'd share the wealth, but trust me, I don't have any.)

1.  A clean room is an open invitation in a house full of boys.

2.  Apparently my post The Great Green Crayon Mystery has something in common with the movie The Ring.  If you read the post, the green crayon-like markings begin showing up in your house, too.  If you haven't watched that video post yet, you are hereby warned. Other readers have had some transference issues.

3.  Nothing on Earth is more fun than chopsticks, when you are two.

4.  Black cats are extremely attracted to white pants anywhere and to any light colored garment on the bed.  Orange cats, on the other hand, do not discriminate on the basis of color.

5.  The packrat should ideally begin desensitization therapy by age six, at the latest, as we now know that packrats can be made and born.

6.  Unsupervised Daddy will attempt to crayon on Toddler's face even though he gets mad when Toddler tries to draw on Daddy's pants.

7.  Grown men have the same guilty look as their sons do when their wives yell, "BOYS!"

8. When children are finally old enough to actually "help," they don't want to anymore.

9.  There is nothing like being pregnant, giving birth, and potty training to cure squeamishness.  Nothing at all.

10.  When you have a toddler living in your home, you never again know where your shoes are.

Now, I know you have some pearls of your own.  Let us have 'em!

5 comments:

Angie May 7, 2010 at 9:33 AM  

Love # 7, that was always true, and still is at my house (son is 19 going on 12, husby is 40 going on 12)!

Dazee Dreamer May 7, 2010 at 2:49 PM  

I agree with Angie. Number 7. What a hoot. My only other word of wisdom is, mice will never be my friends.

Unknown May 7, 2010 at 6:25 PM  

There's alot of truth in that...and coming from a house full of girls (dogs too) and a husband...they can't resist the clean room either!

Dazee Dreamer May 8, 2010 at 10:42 PM  

I have awarded you the Versatile Blogger Award. come check it out.

Karin Kysilka May 22, 2010 at 5:48 PM  

So number 7 was a hit, huh? Who says the truth can't be funny?

And Ms. Dreamer, much thanks. My response has been posted....

  © Free Blogger Templates Skyblue by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP