Eviction Notice

>> Tuesday, June 1, 2010

I am interrupting my regularly scheduled blogpost to bring you this special notice. 

This past Saturday night, I gave my gall bladder an eviction notice, and it departed my body with reluctance and a certain amount of effort by the local surgical group.  Some of you may have seen me on Twitter threatening my internal organs to stop all the "nonsense" and shape up, because some of them were certainly expendable.  Sad to say, my gall bladder called my bluff.  On the orders of my PCP, I was in the regional hospital before 9 AM Saturday morning, and by 9 PM or so, gall bladder met surgeon with poor results for gall bladder.

I can imagine that the rest of my internal organs are trying to figure out what the heck happened.  For starters, there is a lot more space.  Apparently, my gall bladder was taking up more than its fair share of room, and trust me, it wasn't paying its rent correctly.  In fact, the medical folks tell me that it hasn't been paying proper rent for a long, long time.  I can only hope that in the future when I tell the rest of the internal structures to shape up, they will take me seriously.

Among other results of this decision, my family has decided that I am no longer in charge of entertainment for Memorial Day weekend ever again.

Perhaps more relevant to the rest of you is that I have taken a bit of a vow to not blog excessively while under the influence of narcotic pain killers.  I do have a few more posts still scheduled to appear over the next few weekdays.  Unfortunately, I am afraid that I may have to slow down my posting for awhile, and I may not be able to bring you a new post every day.  I hope you understand.

I had been working hard to write posts in advance so that I could peacefully leave the country for a little while (without my laptop), and you would never even know I was gone.  More and more, it looks like this plan will not happen. 

By the way, don't bother to try to figure out where I live and rob my house when I'm not posting, as I have people staying here in my absence and three very agressive attack cats (they will pee on you, shed on you, and quite possibly fart and/or puke up a hairball on you).  I also have neighbors that really care about us, and they have some mighty big dogs.  Besides, unless you want baby toys, I don't really have anything you would even want.  Our big TV in the family room isn't even high definition, and I don't own a Blu-Ray device. 

On June 23, 2009, I posted what was the first of a (so far) unbroken string of week-daily posts.  I was hoping to make it a full year before I cried for mercy, but I will settle for almost-a-year.  From now on, my promise to you is that I will aspire to continue the daily posts, but there will be times when that doesn't happen.  The month of June will definitely be one of those times.  Quite possibly, I will miss more days in June than I hit, but we have some great guest posters working on some things for you that should be well worth all of our time and effort.  I am looking forward to their posts, and I think you will enjoy them very much.

During days when I don't post, I recommend you check out the "Fan Favorites" label, as well as the "Cats" and the "Entropy and Chaos" labels.  For some of you, the results will be new-to-you posts.  For the rest of you, maybe you will be inspired to send them on to someone else.

Thanks, everyone, for bearing with me.  I am absolutely certain that they did not amputate my sense of humor along with my gall bladder, and I am even more certain that my upcoming trip to Egypt will provide a great source of future entertainment for all of us.

Happy (Belated) Memorial Day, and Happy June.

7 comments:

Dazee Dreamer June 1, 2010 at 11:21 AM  

hahahaha. I can just hear you saying to some other organ that tries to give you crap. "do you want to be taken away like mr. gallbladder".

Hoping for a quick recovery.

Grandma in the yellow house June 1, 2010 at 2:58 PM  

Lost all my feminine organs 20 years ago, so the rest of them have behaved sensibly, probably out of fear, since then. I am happy to have discovered your blog, thanks to twitter.
okiewife (twitter username)

Susan June 1, 2010 at 3:55 PM  

Oh my! Well I'm glad they left the sense of humor when they took the gall bladder. Egypt? Wow, lucky you. Get some rest.

MOLLYC June 1, 2010 at 5:13 PM  

Glad you are feeling better. I did like being an invalid last year after massive facial surgery for skin cancer. I journaled the experience to my friends, calling the group"Frankenstein Outreach." It was the beginning of my blog. Good things come from adversity. I am not saying that my blog is GOOD, you understand. Oh, hell, YES I AM! molly

Brenda Rothman (Mama Be Good) June 4, 2010 at 3:01 PM  

Dearly Beloved, we are here to say goodbye to Gall Bladder. He wasn't the spry, young thing he once was. Let's face it. He was cranky.

Okay, so I had to repeat my tweet. Perhaps if I take my acid retweet meds, it won't happen again.

Can't believe you are NOT taking your laptop to Egypt. Yes, I can. ((hugs))

Unknown June 6, 2010 at 3:22 PM  

Oh, my goodness, your sense of humor is alive and well, and probably reclaiming its rightful share of space since the removal of Mr. Gallbladder!

Glad you are feeling well enough to go on your trip...but don't try to bring home a pyramid in your carry-on..they don't compress very well.

(@DzyMsLizzy on Twitter)

Karin Kysilka June 8, 2010 at 12:06 PM  

Thanks all of you for makin me laugh. I don't like feeling poorly (who does?), and I'm not really used to it either. I'm just a "plug through it and get on with it" kind of gal, which is probably what landed me in the hospital in the end anyway.

Keep the faith, I will be back in full steam in July. You can count on that.

  © Free Blogger Templates Skyblue by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP